Your style changes and so should your living room’s décor. Your ordinary living room can become a vintage living room with lots of antique accessories and smart color choices. Just a small effort can add up to big rewards in your new vintage living room. These small “Do It Yourself” ideas can give any living room fresh appeal.
- Collect vintage objects by category, color, shape and display together.
- Use vintage trays to display objects on a coffee table or any thing used as a coffee table such as a old trunk.
- Tuck a prized family picture into the frame of a mirror or print.
- Make a end table by stacking old suitcases one on top the other next to your favorite chair.
- Arrange old books by color.
- Arrange vintage accessories by color on the mantel.
- Experiment with new options – rearrange the furniture.
- Toss a throw over the back of a couch for a quick color change.
- Hang a large piece of art off center above a sofa.
- Change the shades on end table lamps.
- Hang mirrors on a wall opposite windows to add natural light to the room.
- Spray paint a lamp base in bold new fresh colors.
- Replace the old out dated sofa pillow’s.
- Change the vintage accessories on the mantel to reflect the season.
- Make a small window seem larger by installing curtain panels just beyond the window on both sides.
- Use furniture sliders to move larger sofa’s around the living room.
- Living rooms need a contrasting colors for visual success.
- The fireplace wall should become the focal point in the room.
- L shaped sectional sofa and a pair of chairs can offer plenty of room for casual gatherings.
- Store firewood in a large vintage crock, basket, coal bucket or copper pot on the hearth.
Vintage Living Room
Home Decor – Decorative Collectible – Historical Memorabilia